This is a NPE in Xalan and we can't do much on it. Can you test whether the expected Xalan version is in use and whether it's a recent one?

http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/faq.html#environmentcheck

Joerg

On 08.11.2003 12:52, David Geleyn wrote:
--- Joerg Heinicke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I don't know about the SourceWritingTransformer and
its usage, but a NPE is never the users fault in general. If you can provide
more info like a stack trace, it will be easier for us to investigate.

Joerg

David Geleyn wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to replace an attribute with the source
writing transformer and I can't get it done. > >

Whatever I try, when I want to replace an

attribute, a

stack trace appears and a null pointer exception
occured.

The stack trace:

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException:
java.lang.NullPointerException

        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.run(TransformerImpl.java:3364)

        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerHandlerImpl.endDocument(TransformerHandlerImpl.java:427)

        at
org.apache.cocoon.xml.AbstractXMLPipe.endDocument(AbstractXMLPipe.java:91)

        at
org.apache.cocoon.transformation.TraxTransformer.endDocument(TraxTransformer.java:529)

        at
org.apache.cocoon.generation.RequestGenerator.generate(RequestGenerator.java:221)

        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.processXMLPipeline(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:548)

... 55 more