The diff tool should work the same way:

diff -u filename.new filename.orig > somefilename.diff

Joerg

On 10.11.2003 09:09, Carmona Perez, David wrote:

I've read the link you have provided me, but I'm sure to have problems due to proxies.
From the Web interface is easy to get the latest version. Is there any way to generate the diff file without accessing the CVS repository, when I have local copies of the original code and the modified one?

--------
David

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Bruno Dumon [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 15:03, Carmona Perez, David wrote:

I would be glad to contribute to the project, but how do I do that?

Long description is at:
http://cocoon.apache.org/community/contrib.html

You did have a CVS checkout already if I remember well? Then it's quite
simple: if you changed a file, do
cvs diff -u filename > somefilename.diff

and enter the patch as a bug in bugzilla:
http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/

Submitting it to bugzilla has the advantage that if no committer has
time to look at your patch immediately, we won't forget about it.