Joerg Heinicke wrote:
On 24.11.2003 12:06, Simon Hutchinson wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to handle SAX exceptions thrown by a transformer using a error handler defined in a sitemap.

Yes.

Here is a brief test to explain what I am trying to achieve.

<map:pipeline>
<map:match pattern="test">
<map:generate src="fragments/test.xml"/> <map:transform src="xsl/testtrans.xsl"/> <map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>
<map:handle-errors>
<map:generate src="fragments/error.xml"/>
<map:serialize/> </map:handle-errors>
</map:pipeline>

If I rename the file "test.xml" to force a filenotfound exception in the generator then the pipeline level error handler is correctly invoked.

However if the generator stage succeeds but then a SAX exception occurs
in the transformer my error handler is not invoked and an
"XML Parsing Error: no element found "
is sent to my browser.

Really sound like a problem with the file. Can you open it with a browser understanding XML as Mozilla, NS 6/7 or IE 5/6?

It may be that I am approaching this in the wrong way but is there
any way of defining an error handler that will be invoked despite
where in the pipeline the error occurs. ie can transform errors be caught in the sitemap.

Any help would be much appreciated.

http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/errorhandling.html

Joerg

Thanks for the reply Joerg

It was actually my mistake.
What I thought was a SAX parsing exception was actually Mozilla failing to parse badly formed xml.
No exception was being thrown therefore the handler was never initiated.
I have re-wrtten my transformer to rectify the issue.

Thanks again for the assistance all

Si