On Friday 28 November 2003 4:56 am, John Austin wrote:
> Yes, I recently did this for a non-profit that has 400 members.
> The first version was done in Cocoon and I later wrote a short program
> to contain it all (end user has a desktop).

That sounds just like what I am considering.  I hope to move off of a
commercial desktop office suite to a web application so that members of my
non-profit can get to the data and also print labels if they like.

> One advantage of XSL-FO is the fact that it can place areas
> using many units of measurement. Canada Post 'standards' are
> in millimetres. Check with the US Post Office to see if you get
> preferred rates for correctly formatted envelopes. You really want
> an envelope feeder if you do very many.

I'm hoping to print onto label sheets such as one obtains from an office
supply store, because we mail newsletters and postcards.

> Do you need style sheets? I was thinking of donating them to
> the sourceforge project that supports a church membership
> data base.

I sure could use them.  I'm very new to cocoon, but I think that the XSL is
where the heart of the work would be for this project.

What is the name of that SF project?

--
==Leonard E. Sitongia
  Visualization and Enabling Technologies / Scientific Computing Division