From: Upayavira [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, 29 November 2003 6:46 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: SourceWritingTransformer to save jpeg/png to filesystem

jim basilakis wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Does anyone know how to save a png/jpg generated by .svg file onto the
>file system. I have been hinted before to use SourceWritingTransformer
>but does this apply to images as well as simple files?
>
>If so, what would I need to do?
>
>Would something like this work...
>

><map:transform type="write-source">
>       <map:parameter name="serializer" value="svg2png"/>
></map:transform>

You can certainly set the serializer. The javadocs say:

Definition:

 <map:transformer     name="tofile"
src="org.apache.cocoon.transformation.SourceWritingTransformer">
   <!-- 'xml' is the default Serializer (if your Source needs one, like for
instance FileSource) -->
   <map:parameter name="serializer" value="xml"/>
 </map:transformer/>

Invocation:

 <map:transform type="tofile">
   <map:parameter name="serializer" value="xml"/>   <!-- you can optionally
override the serializer here -->
 </map:transform>

And you replace the xml with svg2png.

[Never tried it though...]