Steve Buck wrote:

Just as a shot in the dark, but you may want to make sure that you have the fonts installed that you are requesting. You may have missed them because they are in separate debs from the xserver. Also make sure that your font path or that you xft is setup correctly.

I converted the TTF fonts to SVG so I assume that the real fonts are not needed? Do I need still need TTF fonts to be available when using SVG fonts??? (I would be surprised but...) :)

Thanks,
  Patrick