Thanks a lot, that was the solution, however now I have another problem.

<xsp-session-fw:getxml as="string" context="authentication"
path="/authentication/data/name"/>

returns not the whole string, I put in the authentication context, but only
the first 7 chars, or so .
For example, when I put "Stephanie Zohner" in the context, only "Stephan" is
returned.

I looked into the generated Java Code. This is the code fragment, that is
generated out of the <xsp-session-fw:getxml> Tag.

XSPSessionFwHelper.getXML(this.manager,
                String.valueOf("authentication"),

String.valueOf("/authentication/data/name"))).getFirstChild().getNodeValue())
      );

It takes only the first child node of the returned XML Fragment. However
"Stephanie Zohner" is shared among 3 child nodes.Taking only the first node
results in extracting only the first of three parts of my name.

This happens when I use the "as= 'string'". If I use "as= 'object'" I would
get the entire string, but then again I get an eeption (as you have
predicted), because a String is expected by the my method and not an DocumentFragment.

Is it a bug, that only the first node is taken when using the attribute ''as
= 'string''?

Are there any work arounds?

Thanks in advance,

Stephanie