Derek Hohls wrote:

Chris

Thank you for all the help - I will need to go and "process"
this to see how it all works - one quick question ... is it possible
for Woody to be part of the process outlined below i.e. could
it serve as the "form descriptor" file and help with validation...

Derek, to be honest, I'm not deep enough into woody to tell. But as long as there is something accessible from an input module, it can be stored in the database using the actions. There's enough flexibility to tune the generation of parameter names by redefining path separators and using eg the simple mapping module so it is possible to create eg XPath expressions for every attribute.

Creating custom input modules is really easy.

I'll (hopefully) dig into woody over the hollidays and can answer more
on this then.

> or does the db-descriptor file have to be in the format outlined in
> the "database actions" doc on the Cocoon site?

Yes, but this is completely independent of validation.

Chris.