The easiest way to find out how stuff works is to look at the source code.
The parameter selector consists of one method:

public boolean select(String expression, Map objectModel, Parameters
parameters) {
    String compareToString =
parameters.getParameter("parameter-selector-test", null);
    return compareToString != null && compareToString.equals(expression);
}

This makess it pretty clear that wildcard matching won't work for that
selector.  However, there is nothing from stopping you from writing your own
selector that does wildcard matching.

Ralph