IIRC, java -Xrunhprof does work on NSK. Hopefully that can tell you the cause of your performance problems.

Daniel von Aesch wrote:

thanks - i'll check this again - but in fact in the logkit i configured everything with level ERROR. on tomcat level (nsjsp) it's perhaps possible to optimize again.
are there other logging options to set - is it sufficient just to set the log-level to ERROR for all elements in logkit.xconf ?

daniel

Christopher Oliver wrote:

Just a guess, but do you have any logging turned on? This can be very expensive on NSK. For example, some logging options cause a Throwable object to be created and a stack trace captured in order to print the source name and line number. On the NSK JVM this operation is very expensive.

Daniel von Aesch wrote:

hi,

perhaps there's someone having experience in running cocoon on a hp nonstop kernel system (tandem).

we built a complex application with cocoon having lots of flowscripts and jxforms. even a dummy installation, i.e. without any access to a database is about 10 to 20 times slower than on a normal pentium pc - windows or linux. we wait about 4 secs for a simple welcome page and about 15 to 20 seconds for a simple form.

we tried already most of the hints written on the performance-tips page... still the same.

so, if there's someone who can give us a tip configuring cocoon on this exotic platform - please let me know.

thanks, daniel