Thanx for your quick answer. However It didn't work. I overwrote the setup
method in my transformer like this had to catch the ParameterException

public void setup(SourceResolver resolver,Map objectModel,String src,
Parameters par)
                        throws ProcessingException, SAXException,
IOException {

if (par.isParameter("componentTag")) {
        try {
                this.COMP_TAG = par.getParameter("componentTag");
        }catch (ParameterException pe) {
                System.out.println("Failed to get parameter \"componentTag\"
from sitemap!");
        }
}
}

):, but the parameter COMP_TAG stays on the default initialization value, no
matter how I change the parameter in the sitemap.
When is the setup method called? I tried to put a system.out.println into
setup(), but it didn't even show up in the console :o

stefan