Hey folks --

I have a webapp with pretty typical pipelines:

xsp -> xslt transform -> i18n transform -> xml serialize (with xhtml doctype)

I would also like the formatting of the xhtml to look reasonable, so I have indent=yes on the serializer definition. Now the output looks OK (not really indented, but at least it is legible), but the problem is under certain situations, the end of an xhtml anchor tag will appear on the next line as the start tag, something like:

</a>

And, when rendered in a browser, the underlining of the hyperlink will extend a little past the end of the linked text. This is not a problem if the xhtml looks like:

What can I do to fix this?

thanks,
-steve