On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 15:02:32 -0800 (PST)
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi everyone and especially the helpful cocoon experts,
> I think I really need help on this one.
> The NullPointerException I'm getting in the release() method (see
> below) does seem to have an effect. When I generate the site I do get a
> correct /index.html for the site and it traverses the first
> subdirectory /about/index.html, /about/contact.xml,
> /about/pressrelease/index.html, /about/pressrelease/pr0001.html
> correctly.
> But when the algorithm seem sto return to the second (and all following
> subdirectories (for example /product/index.html) it does generate the
> /index.html into /product/index.html.
> It also does not generate /product/technology.html (only the index.html
> per subdirectory.
> It looks like it traverses the site correctly for the first depth first
> cycle and then does fall into this error.
> Has anyone experienced this before? Any idea where best to start
> looking?
>
> All help is very much appreciated!
> Kaj

Hi,

which cocoon-version you are using and how (cli.xconf or commandline-switches)?
If you have an older version, there were often excpetions, but the build was correct.

If you use an older version, try the current CVS-version and build without the
"portal-fw"
and "portal"-block (otherwise the CLI is not running).
Is your site running  in tomcat or jetty correct?

Best Regards,

Simon