Phil Blake wrote:

    While you are at it, can you give more info about what part of the
    Cayenne API relies on this? It is odd that they need an http session
    object - what if you wanted to use this code outside of a webapp?

From what I can see, cayenne is simply using the HttpSession as a key to associate with the database session.

Yes, I looked up the only reference to HttpSession I could find in Cayenne's api and found the session-specific context config. I don't know how well you know Cayenne (I don't at all) but are you sure you need this feature? Is your config really different for each unique session?

Second, if they are just using the Session as a unique key, I think they would be open to the more general-use suggestion of using an Object as key passed in instead of requiring an HttpSession for the same basic reason we have abstracted our environment in Cocoon. Couldn't Cayenne users want this feature in other environments besides webapp?

Geoff