James Cummings wrote:

Hi there,

I checked out cocoon-2.2-dev from CVS today, and build
seem to go fine. I then was looking at the samples
and some seem to work and others didn't.

Simple: don't use 2.2 yet. It is still in the middle of a massive reworking including replacing the underlying framework and is nowhere near in usable condition. Additionally, because the blocks system is going to be evolving significantly from a static compile-time construct to dynamic deploy-time one, the block code is not even in the 2.2 repository and to my knowledge is not a part of the 2.2 build.

2.1 branch is stable and under active development still.

Geoff