Nicolas Toper wrote:

Hi,

I'm writing an XSP to manage uploading of file and I'm
wondering how do you know which class is used between
PartOnDisk and PartInMemory?

I thought the wiki page answered this pretty clearly. PartOnDisk is used when autosave-uploads is set to true, PartInMemory when it is false. You can find out which by using instanceof, or you can use them polymorphically as objects of their common superclass, Part which exposes getInputStream().

autosave-uploads param in web.xml used to mean that uploaded files in the request were _permanently_ saved to disk. Because this behavior is either on or off for the whole application (for now) it was decided that this may become a security hole and the behavior was changed to temporarily cache the file out to disk, but to remove it at the end of the request.

Actually I want to do a pretty simpel things: get the
file and copy it to the user defined location... I was
thinking of writing this XSP :=)

Unless you're doing this in an xsp action, be aware that this is not how generators are meant to be used. Generators are the expression of your data model for a page in xml sax format. Don't use them to "do" things just because you can. Generally you should use flow or actions (and in some cases transformers with side effects).

There is in the archive posted a file upload action which does exactly what you want to do, and plans are in the works for an easier way to do this out of the box with flow.

Geoff