Corin Moss wrote:

Hi Guys,

I'm extending the CIncludeTransformer to support external caching, the only stumbling block is getting a handle on the XSP which "called" the transformer.

Obviously the include is specified in the XSP using the <ci:cached-include> tag. I need to get the name of the XSP from which the transformer was called. The xsp's class name in this case is get_rdf_content_xsp. Usually I'd get the name (or something similar) within the generator by calling "this.source". But I'm not sure how to get a handle on that particular value from within a subsequent generator.

After writing this, it's fairly apparent that the XSP is not really calling the transformer at all, so is there any way I can get the name of the previous generator within the pipeline? :)

I realise I could pass it in as a parameter - but there is noooo way I want to do something that hacky ;)

No other way - pass a parameter from the sitemap. As far as a transformer is concerned, all it knows (and wants to know) in relation to previous pipeline stages is that there are SAX events coming along.

Upayavira