Hi
Sorry if I lead you astray before...
How's about a divide and conquer strategy? Seems like it isn't clear if the SVG being delivered to the svg2png serializer is correct or not.

I think someone else mentioned this already, but the way I debugged a similar problem was to:
- install the Adobe plugin for IE on a windows machine.
- change the <map:match pattern="frame/*.jpg"> to use the standard xml serializer
(or make a new match that does the same thing with pattern="frame/*.xml" if you think you might need to do this again in the future :^)
- request the page from the browser
then you can either see what is wrong directly in the XML or save the page as source and load the page from the filesystem as SVG using the plugin and look for the error.

I'd start with a single filled rectangle as my image to further simplify the task...
HTH,
Steve