On Wed, 2004-02-18 at 10:17, Anthony Hervé wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Please find hereafter a quick description of my environment :
>
> - xReporter v121
> - Cocoon v213
> - Phoenix v404
> - Tomcat v4124
> - Java v14 SDK (IBM)
> - Postgresql v732
>
> I am using Woody to build forms and I would like to retrieve information
> from my database to populate default field values.
> In the documentation, the form_definition file is an xml document
> containing links to other xml files in which simple default values can
> be retrieved. In the example below, the values displayed in the
> selection list are retrieved from the a-choices xml document.
>
>    <wd:field id="fourchars">
>       <wd:label>Select something that's 4 characters long:</wd:label>
>       <wd:datatype base="string"/>
>       <wd:validation>
>         <wd:length exact='2*2'/>
>       </wd:validation>
>       <wd:selection-list src="forms/a-choices.xml"/>
>     </wd:field>
>
> Is it possible to create the form_definition file as a xsp document to
> be able to include in it esql tags ?

yes, but I would not recommend it (unless the structure of your form
itself is dynamic). If you want to generate a selection list based on
database data using ESQL, just call a pipeline (i.e. use cocoon:/ in the
src attribute) that starts with an XSP.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]