On 21.02.2004 15:24, Bert Van Kets wrote:

This is not really a JDO problem this is a Flow problem that cannot find
the right Java class.

Aparently. And it has me scratching my head for several days now.

Just a "clever" comment: Before having the flow problem (instantiation of Java classes) fixed I would not go on one step with the persistence layer.

I saw in your flow script:

var dao = new Packages.be.bvar.admin.links.LinksDAO();

but in your Java file:

public class linksDAO {

Just a typo?

And here is the class descriptor from the repository.xml file :
<class-descriptor class="be.bvar.admin.links.Links" table="links">

This class is diferent from the LinksBean. Why you are using 2 diferent classes? Any way here is not the problem.

From my understanding, the structure of the repository node must match the class in which you load the data. As I have Link classes in a Collection (in the LinksBean class), each containing one record of data, I thought the repository has to point to the Link class and not to the bean containing the Collection.

That's correct, you just fill the LinksBean. Link is the class you retrieve form db and so absolutely ok.

Joerg