On 23.02.2004 21:34, Carlos Dias wrote:

Hi!!!
I know this is a issue largely discussed here, but for me the tips that I read didn't work.
I already try to set the current encoding in the sitemap, like you can see here:
<map:serializer logger="sitemap.serializer.html" name="html" mime-type="text/html"
pool-grow="4" pool-max="32" pool-min="4" src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.HTMLSerializer">
<encoding>ISO-8859-1</encoding>
<omit-xml-declaration>true</omit-xml-declaration>
</map:serializer>
<map:serializer logger="sitemap.serializer.xml" name="xml" src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.XMLSerializer"
mime-type="text/xml" pool-max="32" pool-min="16" pool-grow="4">
<encoding>ISO-8859-1</encoding>
</map:serializer>

After that I keep getting the same error:
"org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.:
org.xml.sax.SAXException: Original Exception IOException : Invalid byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8
sequence"

I think the problem is not the encoding setting of Cocoon, but in the file you are accessing in this pipeline. The encoding *specified* in this file (or default UTF-8) does not seem to match the encoding *of* the file.

Joerg