It's not a bug -- and I wouldn't recommend using a workaround like the one below (which would probably work). Don't try to modify the data model while it's being turned into sax (the job of the generator). Other non-MVC friendly frameworks force this but Cocoon almost forces you not to because of all the problems it can cause in real-world applications.

In your case, either use flow to call logic which modifies your database (beyond scope of my response) or use an action. Actions and flow are both guaranteed to execute before the pipeline is assembled and are designed to be the place for data manipulation (with the exception of the side-effect transformers like the SQLTransformer, also out of scope). If you already have an xsp which does the job, turn it into an xsp action and you're done.

Geoff

Christopher Painter-Wakefield wrote:

I don't know anything about the internal workings of the map:aggregate, but
I would guess it is not waiting for the first part to complete before
opening a connection for the second part.  This would make sense, for
performance reasons, and there is no particular reason for cocoon to expect
the parts to be dependent on each other.  So I don't think it is
necessarily a bug, nor a caching mechanism, just that map:aggregate doesn't
imply sequential processing.

Just curious, should the map:aggregate have an "element" attribute
specifying the root element for the combined output?  Also, what does
"strip-root='yes'" do?  I couldn't find it in the documentation
(http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/sitemap.html#Aggregating).

You could probably make things sequential (and still achieve aggregation)
by using either a cinclude transformer, or even more simply by using an
XSLT transform step with the document() function, e.g.,
<xsl:template match="output-of-update-point">
     <new-root>
           <xsl:copy-of select="."/>
           <xsl:copy-of select="document('cocoon:/xml/exec.get_point')"/>
     </new-root>
</xsl:template>

with a sitemap like
<map:generate src="cocoon:/xml/exec.update_point"/>
<map:transform src="aggregate-get-point.xsl"/>

or some such.

-Christopher

hi people

i have the folow code :

<map:aggregate>
            <map:part src="cocoon:/xml/exec.update_point"
strip-root="yes"/>
            <map:part src="cocoon:/xml/exec.get_point" strip-root="yes"/>
</map:aggregate>

where i call 2 .xsp

1. update_point.xsp
where i update a record in my database

2. get_point.xsp
where i get the updated record

the problem is that this aggregation update the database record (i have
check the content) but generate output (get_point) with the before update
values

is this a caching mechanism case, is it possible to bypass this problem or
it's just a bug?