Thanks, we've tried that one too.  I believe we get the same error.  IE
just doesn't want us to open that PDF, no matter how!

-Christopher

                      Bastian

                      Breithaupt               To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        cc:

                      >                        Subject:  Re: Re[2]: Very strange IE
problem
                      Sent by:

                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      03/03/2004 01:43

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      users

Christopher,

thank you for the "please wait" code.

About your IE stuff I found this, do not know exactly if it is
related...

http://archives.real-time.com/pipermail/cocoon-users/2000-December/008626.html

it says: "Open Acrobat, go to Preferences and uncheck Web Browser
integration.  Now, when you attempt to get a PDF, you will be asked to
either open it or save it."

Regards,

Bastian

Am Mi, 2004-03-03 um 19.15 schrieb Christopher Painter-Wakefield:

> Bastian,
>
> here's the essence of the code, implemented in XSP.  We have a sitemap
> entry that generates from this XSP whenever the URL is of a pattern
> "/pleasewait/*".  We can then do a pleasewait before any page we want by
> simply putting "/pleasewait" in front of the usual URL.
>
> The key line is the one that adds a "refresh" header to the response,
with
> a timeout of zero.  (This is the same mechanism that website use to
> redirect you to a new URL, but usually with a timeout of 5-10 seconds.)
> When this page loads (in every browser we've tried), it displays and then
> immediately times out and calls the new URL.  While it is waiting for a
> response from the server, it is still displaying the Please Wait message,
> usually along with a busy cursor.  As soon as the new page is returned
from
> the server, it is displayed in the browser.
>
> -Christopher
>

> <xsp:logic>
>       String thisURL = request.getRequestURI();
>       String query = request.getQueryString();
>       int start = thisURL.indexOf("/pleasewait");
>       String newURL = thisURL.substring(0, start) +
thisURL.substring(start
> + "/pleasewait".length());
>       newURL = response.encodeURL(newURL);
>       if (query != null) {
>             newURL = newURL + "?" + query;
>       }
>       response.addHeader("refresh", "0;URL=" + newURL);
>
>       String message = request.getParameter("pwmsg");
> </xsp:logic>
>
> <page-title>
>       Please Wait
> </page-title>
> <page-body>
>       <h2>Please Wait</h2>
>       <xsp:logic>
>             if (notEmpty(message)) {
>                   <h3><xsp:expr>message</xsp:expr></h3>
>             } else {
>                   <h3>We are requesting your information...</h3>
>             }
>       </xsp:logic>
> </page-body>
>

>                       Bastian