Yes that too.

But I was thinking of writing a reader component that uses CIFS URLs and uses jCIFS for reading files from the NT server.

But it might be possible to use Samba on your Solaris machine as client but how that would work I do not know.

We use Samba 3 on our Solaris because our workstations are Windows XP machines. But that is the other way around: your Solaris machine is a client not a server like in our case.

Jorg Heymans wrote:

isn't samba available for SunOS ?

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi all,

we are searching for a way that lets our portal (working with cocoon 2.1.4)
running on a unixserver (Sun OS 5.8) have access (we only need read access)
to files on a winnt-server.

Anyone who has some ideas on this matter??

Thanks in advance !!

Robby

-- Ivo Limmen