Gustavo Nalle Fernandes wrote:

Thanks for the code! It is indeed very simple! That?s why I like Cocoon :)
 Regarding the Last-Modified header, the getLastModified() do work for GET
request, but the GET request
also brings the whole document and not just the headers. That?s why I was
observing the whole document being
transferred all the time. So what is the best scenario for the
HTMLGenerator?

FYI: Web browsers always send GETs. The difference being that they also send the header

If-Modified-Since: ***some timestamp value ***

with the timestamp value being the value they received on the first uncached request. If the page has not been modified, the server sends back a 304 status code instead of a 200 and no content. If the page has been modified since the specified timestamp, it sends back the normal 200 status with the page content.

The same should work with any timestamp. I've just only ever ever seen it used with values previously sent with the server. This should solve your "two requests" problem.

- Miles Elam