:)  Not sure how that happened, sorry!  I wonder where those crept in from?

You could try adding this template, although I am dubious it will work:

<xsl:template match="@xmlns"/>

and modify
<xsl:template match="@*|node()"> ....
<xsl:template match="@*|node()" priority="-1"> ....

Another possibility is that namespaces are getting attached to the
attributes, although I've never seen it happen.  In that case, you could
replace
<xsl:template match="@*|node()"> ...

with
<xsl:template match="@*">
      <xsl:attribute name="{local-name()}"><xsl:value-of
select="."/></xsl:attribute>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="text()"><xsl:copy/></xsl:template>

FWIW, I don't think the namespace declarations affect behavior on any of
the common browsers.

-Christopher

Christopher,
in all intents and purposes, the code you sent works, but there are a
few instances where I am left with the following:

<image xmlns="" src="artistImage/32/228/202/1.jpg" />

i.e. an xmlns=""

Anything we can do about those?

Peter