Upayavira wrote:

Timur Izhbulatov wrote:

Hi All!
I develop a simple client management application but I'm pretty new to all this cocoon and java stuff.
My task in hand is to create a step-by-step wizard for registering clients. I took a look at cocoon samples but still can't realize which way to chose.
Requirments and conditions:
- To add a client the user have to fill and submit a form (or series of forms)
- The form encoding should be UTF-8 'cause it has to deal with non-english data (names, titles etc.) so I use the folowing serializer:
</map:serializer>
<map:serializer logger="sitemap.serializer.html" mime-type="text/html" name="html" pool-grow="4" pool-max="32" pool-min="4" src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.HTMLSerializer">
<doctype-public>-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
Transitional//EN</doctype-public>
<doctype-system>http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd</doctype-system>
<encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
</map:serializer>
- The data are kept in xindice-embed:///db/caclient/ collection. Each resource in the collection represents a single client.
I have working database browsing at the moment but I have to add each resource by hand.
Any advice would very appreciated!

One pointer - the XMLDBSource is 'Modifiable', which means that it can be written to. Therefore, if you look at the CForms binding code in the CForms samples, you can actually bind a CForms form to a document within Xindice. This should make writing a forms site that stores its data in Xindice pretty easy - just replace the file URL with an XMLDB one.

Thanks a lot! I just realized that CForms is just a new name for woody =)

It's no wonder that I can't find any useful mention of it on apache.org.

So should I refer to woody docs/samples? Or where could I find CForms samples?
I'm running cocoon 2.1.4 and it has woody samples but no CForms ones.

P.S. Woody is marked as unstable and therefore it's somehow confusing

Timur