hi Leon,
  I tried that,but that creates a totally new security handler,which
takes me through the whole login process again.The docs talk about
accessing the parent sitemaps handler in the sub-sitemap,but i haven't
seen any examples yet,as to how to do that.Anything else...?
  But still, i thank you  for your suggestion and your time.
regards,
Gautam

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 04/18/04 01:30PM >>>
I think you need to define the authentication manager in the
sub-sitemap
also.

Leon