Leon,
  ..and thats what i am currently doing.But then my need also,is to get
hold of the current user info that i have stored in the authentication
context..so i could use that for logging purposes in the child-webapp.
Something like a single-signon kind of setup.
  I think you did a lot, to help me out with all your suggestions .I do
appreciate that:)
regards
Gautam

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 04/18/04 02:44PM >>>
As I understood that section, you cannot referencethe authentication
handler in the subsitemap. I think
the directory in which the subsitemap resides should be accessed from
within the protected part of the
parent sitemap.

e.g. a match=""protected/subdir/**.html" within the parent sitemap
should do the
authentication, and the subsitemap does not know anythink about
authentication.

it works becuase sitemaps are recursively read when a request comes
in.

That however is as far as *i* understood it. I've never tried it, so I

should probably just shut up:)

leon

Gautam Ganguly wrote:

>hi Leon,
>  I had read that..and thats why i am confused as to how do go about
>it,bcos on that page under the "Working with subsitemaps" section..
>the very first line says.."The common solution for the framework and
>subsitemaps is to define the handler (in the main sitemap."..i tried
>that:
>1)When i just declare the handler in the main-stemap only,the
>sub-sitemap doesn't seem to find it.
>2)When i the handler in the sub-sitemap(as you had suggested),then it
>just takes me to the login screen,as if the user is accessing the
>resource for the first time..
>
>But in that page..it also mentions this "The definition of handlers
in
>a sub-sitemap is a TODO and will be available in the next release.
..."