Joerg Heinicke wrote:

On 16.04.2004 16:46, Nacho Jimenez wrote:

The selection list is another dimension of a field and no value in the closer sense. So it's normally not bound to the field. The value of this field is only the selected value at the end.

So the normal way is setting the selection list via
<wd:selection-list src="cocoon:/users"/>
which calls another pipeline. In this pipeline you transform your custom XML to the wd:item syntax.

As already said you already bound the selected value of the field. And this happens via a standard
<wb:value id="user" path="where-ever-you-want-to-store-it"/>

Is this what you want?

Joerg

It seems I'm not explaining the problem clearly.. Sorry. Let's see if I can make myself clear this third time using a simple example...

I've already populated my field widget with a list of elements, and I can do the normal binding like you are proposing.. the thing is, i want to bind BOTH the selected value and the selected label into the destination XML..

For Example: Imagine you have a list of countries in your form, so the user can choose his address... In the form, the countries appear as a selection list with the names of the countries (say "Germany", "Spain", "United Kingdom", and so on), and their country code as value ("de", "es", "uk"..) .

I hope you understand now...