Antonio Gallardo wrote:

Hi:

I never user the CLI outside forrest. My question is:

Is posible to use CLI as a conversion tool for applications from
ISO-8859-1 to UTF-8?

There are some xslt, xsp, xml, xmap and xconf files. Some of them are in
ISO-8859-1.

The result need to be in the same directory structure but in UTF-8.

Try to explain more:

1-Recently I sent a test that worked fine:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=108228238328349&w=2

On that mail, we found is posible to render a XML file to UTF-8. In that
way, Cocoon is able to make the work.

The only problem I see is if we can read from a dir to make the work done.
As an auto conversion tool.

You create another page using the DirectoryGenerator and an XMLT that simply links to all of the XML files that you want to convert, and then you point the CLI to that page and tell it to follow links. It will then generate all of the files you want.

Regards, Upayavora