Hi,

I have a very peculiar problem with my application. Can someone please shed
some light on this.

I have a webapplication(app1) whose logon page loads 2 frames. Frame1 has
index.jsp from app1 and frame2 has my app from cocoon(app2).This app in
cocoon uses cocoon's portal framework.

When user opens the first page of app1 both the frames are loaded with
different applications. When user logs on to app1 internally using java
script I logon to cocoon portal and display the logged in portal page in
frame2.

In frame2 I see the portal page but when the user tries to do anything it logs
out. Session is lost I guess, and the same happens in frame1 also. Both the
sessions are lost.And this interesting behaviour happens only when app1 is
set as ROOT context of tomcat.If app1 is not the ROOT context of tomcat
everything works fine.

Can someone please help me solve this. I have been struggling with this for a
week now.Something very mysterious is happening and I am not good at manging
sessions etc . I might be missing something.

Thanks in advance,
Anna.