Hildebrandt, Ole wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for all the replies. I will have a look at the flowscript, which i
ommitted so far, as I thought it is not essential for builing a website that
has fairly any user-interactive processes, but is just barely an
information-delivery-website.

I have been developing some MVC-Webapps with Servlets and JSP and I was
hoping to simply adopt this pattern to cocoon (Sitemap == Conroller, XSP or
JSP = View, native Java-Class called within views = Pull-Modell). With this
approch I could encapsulate all the business-logic in the modell, the
sitemap would be responsible for calling the correct view and the views
would grep the data from the modell by calling the appropriate method and
just perform the Logic for presentation. Is this applicable for cocoon or am
I going in the wrong direction with this idea?

Personally, I don't like Pull-Model and could point you to this paper [1], where the issue is argued much better than I could hope to do here.

However, there's nothing in Cocoon that would stop you from doing that, even if I would rather use JXTemplate or Velocity as template engines, and avoid XSP or JSP.

Ugo

[1] http://www.cs.usfca.edu/~parrt/papers/mvc.templates.pdf