Robert Clarke wrote:

Hi
I was wandering if anyone was working on a Cocoon Book that will deal with
the vast range of new features it has aquired over it's 2.1 release. Whilst
I am capable of individually understanding Cforms, Flow and JXTemplates the
problem seems to be knowing exactly how to design and structure various
kinds of applications that combine these features with all the existing
features of Cocoon. Recent threads on this list seem to suggest that I'm not
alone.

Strongly agree!
Would be nice seeing a book that deals with 2.1 new features! ...and I think it wouldn't be a waste of time for the author (2 sold books allready ;-)).

When I first started experimenting with Cocoon ~18 months ago Langham and
Ziegelers 'Cocoon:Building XML Applications' was pretty indispensable in
giving me a good overview of how to properly build Cocoon apps. Whilst
example apps, wiki docs and posts to this list are all useful, nothing would
be as useful as a complete and up to date book!

This book is really good but like you stated there are heaps of new stuff around cocoon! Maybe the can write it as 'Cocoon:Building Advanced XML Applications' the second part of the first book!

regards
thorsten

Thanks
Rob