RelaxNG allows to create modular schemas, separated in several files.
One could create a generic one, and include customizations for specific component
types in external files.

-----Mensaje original-----
De: David Crossley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Enviado el: viernes, 30 de abril de 2004 6:34
Para: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Asunto: Re: sitemap-v06.rng

Martin Holz wrote:
> I use sitemap-v06.rng for editing the sitemap with oxygen and I like
> it to be very restrictive. So I do not always have to look into the docu
> to see how a configuration looks exactly. I do change the sitemap
> quite often but do not write new components very often, especially
> compontents which need additional configuration elements.
> Adapting sitemap-v06.rng once in a while is a low price for good
> sitemap editing support.

Perhaps we could have two schema:
 sitemap-strict.rng
 sitemap-lax.rng

With the "lax" one, we could implement David's idea to be not so strict.

With the "strict" one we could keep adding to it so that it defines
everything that is allowable. This helps with automated editor prompts
and so is a type of sitemap documentation.

I recently re-added the build target "validate-sitemaps". Running it
against today's CVS still shows many things missing (you may need to
edit tools/targets/validate-build.xml to include more sitemaps).

The trouble with the "strict" one is the maintenance. We don't see
many people helping out with improving it and keeping it up-to-date.
It would be an excellent resource if we did.

It is great to hear that the various xml editors are providing support
for RELAX NG.

--David

Este correo ha sido procesado por el Antivirus del Grupo FCC.