Hello all
I have noticed that the XMLSerializer component is poolable (because AbstractXMLProducer is). However in the sitemap of the cocoon distribution, the component is declared like this :

<map:serializer logger="sitemap.serializer.xml" mime-type="text/xml" name="xml" src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.XMLSerializer"/>

Is there any default pool config ( min:4 grow:4 max:32 ) ?

Moreover, looking at the code, I wonder if it really useful for this component to be poolable. It does not look like expensive in term of memory/cpu to create an instance of XMLSerializer. Articles as http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/j-jtp01274.html claims that recycling object is not always a good thing.

It is also something more to take in account when tuning cocoon.

Sorry for my bad english

Alex