Sorry, yes you will!, and thanks for making sense of this -
obviously some "use cases" highlighting why JXTemplate
is "recommended" (as opposed to XSP, which I think I
'grok') will be helpful.  I guess the beauty of Cocoon is
that it does not force a single path on you; as long as
we can be clear as to what the pros and cons of the
path options are, its OK.

Derek

PS can JXTemplate do everything XSP can, and then some,
or is it the other way around?

Derek Hohls wrote:

>Can either Thomas or Ugo why explain why JXTemplate
>is needed for building a form - can this not be done via
>XSP or XSLT?

Does it have to be Thomas or Ugo? Will I do? ;-)

JXTemplate is a 'template' language. As is XSP. So, you could use XSP
in
place of JXTemplate. Either of them accesses some in memory objects and

fills in gaps in a template. But XSLT is a transformation language - it

therefore can't access those in memory objects. In this case, the in
memory objects are the form data.

Generally though, JXTemplate I believe is more recommended, but XSP
should certainly be able to do it.

Good enough?

Regards, Upayavira

>Thanks
>Derek
>
>Oh, and is there an example of the approach you adopt?

>Thomas Kjeldahl Nilsson wrote:
>

>>   Question: Can I use some combination of JXForm\JXTemplate for
>>

>this?
>

>>   The problem is that I need JXTemplate for conditionals in
>>

>building
>

>>   the markup and content of the xml\html, but also I'd like to use
>>   JXForms for the forms\interactive content.
>>

>JXForms is dead. Since you are starting a new project, I suggest you
>grab 2.1.5-dev from CVS and start working with "Cocoon Forms" (which
>was
>called "Woody" in 2.1.4). This is *THE* only officially supported
forms

>framework in Cocoon. Planned release date for 2.1.5 is around May
>14th.
>
>And yes, you can use it together with JXTemplate. I do it all the
>time.
>
>       Ugo

believed to be clean.