Ralph,
is there any particular reason why you don't instantiate business objects from within flowscript, or is purely preference that you don't?

Peter
On 1 May 2004, at 15:09, Ralph Goers wrote:

I didn't mean to imply that there is no place for flowscript.  There
certainly is.  As I said, we are using it.

The controller in Cocoon is not the Actions; it used to be the entire
sitemap. Now it is the sitemap + flowscript. The problem is that it is easy
to have flowscript become part of the model and the view as well.

When you look for doc on flowscript one of the first things you will find
are pages title "Advanced Flow Control". That is really what flowscript is
for - managing flows that would be very painful to do in the sitemap. For
example, we have cases where the user requests a specific page and in the
process of generating it we discover that they must be presented with some
legal text that they have to accept or decline. Based on their response we
either display the requested page or send them somewhere else. We handle
the "normal" request purely in the sitemap. When the alternate flow is
detected the user is sent to another pipeline managed by flowscript. While
the alternate can be, and has been, managed directly in the sitemap, this is
a case where flowscript makes it a lot easier.

What we don't do is instantiate or manipulate any business objects in
flowscript.

Ralph