This sounds great - exactly what I had in mind -
perhaps "JXStringTemplate" (in deference to the original
concept) ??

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 2004/05/03 06:31:38 PM >>>
hi derek,

I alse read that paper and agree that it was revealing. it also made
me
rethink view generation (the bad symtpoms had of course already
occurred to
me).

my current idea (pretty blurry ATM) is to create a stripped down
version of
the JXT generator (remove the 'power features') and provide it with
'view
contexts'. there would be a 'facility' (kind of factory) which would
return
a 'view context' for a specified view identifier. now the simple JXT
generator would have all it needs to 'fill the holes'.

Auftrag
> von Derek Hohls
> Gesendet: Montag, 3. Mai 2004 14:23
> An: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Betreff: JXTemplates - what's in a name?
>

> An April 2004 post pointed me to Terence Parr's article on
"Enforcing
> Strict MV Separation in Template Engines".  (see article link at:
> http://www.stringtemplate.org ).  This is a fascinating read and, to
> me, a classic in the field.

<snip what="almost everything">;-)</snip>

believed to be clean.