On 04.05.2004 03:37, Corin Moss wrote:

Hi There,

I've not been following this thread as closely as I might, so someone might have already mentioned this:

If you use a string() function on your document value as below:

<xsl:variable name="lang"><xsl:value-of select="string(document('cocoon:/getxml')/context/lang)"/></xsl:variable>

Then you will forevermore be accessing only the value, not the entire document :)

Some might say it's a little hacky, but it is a simple fix which works.

No, it's absolutely a good fix/work around. The explicite cast to string avoids the overhead of the RTF, especially because a RTF can only be used as string, not as node set:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=108360536625037&w=4

Joerg