Neil Killick wrote:
As an aside, the following code works fine if put after the form.save(order)
line:

var address = new Packages.net.au.whirlwind.data.Address();
var deliveries = order.getDeliveries();
var model = form.getModel();
var deliveryModel = form.lookupWidget("deliveries/0");
address.setStreet(deliveryModel.lookupWidget("street").getValue());
address.setCity(deliveryModel.lookupWidget("city").getValue());
address.setSuburb(deliveryModel.lookupWidget("suburb").getValue());
address.setState(deliveryModel.lookupWidget("state").getValue());
address.setPostCode(deliveryModel.lookupWidget("postcode").getValue());

This code grabs the values out of the form fine. So if this manual approach
works, why doesn't the binding?

I think this is not the part that is causing the problem I would guess that reading from the form is ok, but setting the values to your bean is not

the questions then are:
1/ how do you programmatically add the address to the deliveries
is it this?

var delivery = new Packages.net.au.whirlwind.data.Delivery()
delivery.setAddress(address);
delivereries.add(delivery);

2/ how do you programmatically add the deliveries to the order
is it this?

order.setDeliveries(deliveries) --> this method seems to be missing according to the error?

regards,
-marc=

----- Original Message ----- From: "Marc Portier" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Sent: Friday, May 21, 2004 6:06 PM Subject: Re: Problem with repeater binding in CForm

Neil Killick wrote:

Hi,

<snip what="sample snippets" />

I have also tried setting the parent-path to ".", again to no avail.

afaics that would be what you need, supposing the java call is order.getDelivery(index) and not order.getDeliveries().getDelivery(index);

What am I doing wrong? Basically I don't get any errors, but "Melbourne"
simply does not appear in the city field.

in fact with a wrong parent-path you wouldn't see any of the other fields of address either (were those working?)

hm, you do have a getCity() on the address bean, right?
try setting the lenient="false" on the binding, that would cause more
errors if something isn't right

HTH,
-marc=
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]

-- Marc Portier http://outerthought.org/ Outerthought - Open Source, Java & XML Competence Support Center Read my weblog at http://blogs.cocoondev.org/mpo/ [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]