On 26.05.2004 18:09, Matt Walter wrote:
I'm using the following:

FileGenerator -> XSLTTransfomer -> XHTMLSerializer

Each time <xsl:call-template> is encountered, the Serializer places an
empty "xmlns" attribute in the first tag it outputs, for example:

All subsequent tags are fine until <xsl:call-template> is encountered
again, at which point I get the empty 'xmlns' attribute again.

Though this doesn't bother me, I've been asked to see if I can prevent
this from happening. Any ideas?

You must fix your stylesheet. While the elements out of those named templates create elements in a default namespace (probably xhtml namespace), the named template don't do it, so the serializer must reset the default namespace.

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml-names/ with main point in chapter 5.

Joerg