Hi Antonio,

I have already played with default.ccf in cocoon 2.1.4 and I have left
it unchanged, but it doesn't help, so I thought I might have missed
something crucial in cocoon.xconf when upgrading to 2.1.5. The remote
cache server is running and awaiting for connection.

Appreciate your help.

Cheers,
David.

Here's the default.ccf
# Cache configuration defaults.

# DEFAULT CACHE REGION

jcs.default=RCache2
jcs.default.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttribut
es
jcs.default.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=13
jcs.default.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory
.lru.LRUMemoryCache
jcs.default.cacheattributes.UseMemoryShrinker=false
jcs.default.cacheattributes.MaxMemoryIdleTimeSeconds=3600
jcs.default.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementAttributes
jcs.default.elementattributes.IsEternal=true
jcs.default.elementattributes.MaxLifeSeconds=7
jcs.default.elementattributes.IdleTime=1800
jcs.default.elementattributes.IsSpool=true
jcs.default.elementattributes.IsRemote=true
jcs.default.elementattributes.IsLateral=false

# System CACHE REGION
jcs.system.groupIdCache=RCache2
jcs.system.groupIdCache.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeC
acheAttributes
jcs.system.groupIdCache.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=14

# PRE-DEFINED CACHE REGIONS

jcs.region.main=RCache2
jcs.region.main.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttr
ibutes
jcs.region.main.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=9

# REMOTE CACHES
jcs.auxiliary.RCache2=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.RemoteCacheFactory
jcs.auxiliary.RCache2.attributes=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.RemoteC
acheAttributes
jcs.auxiliary.RCache2.attributes.FailoverServers=172.26.121.92:1102
jcs.auxiliary.RCache2.attributes.RemoveUponRemotePut=false
jcs.auxiliary.RCache2.attributes.GetOnly=false
jcs.auxiliary.RCache2.attributes.RemoteHost=172.26.121.92
jcs.auxiliary.RCache2.attributes.RemotePort=1102

Here's the log output
[main] org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheConfigurator -
Parsing options for 'jcs.region.main.cacheattributes'
[ElementEventQueue.QProcessor-1]
org.apache.jcs.engine.control.event.ElementEventQueue - Waiting for
something to come into the Q
[main] org.apache.jcs.config.OptionConverter - Setting property
[maxObjects] to [1000].
[main] org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheConfigurator - End of
parsing for "jcs.region.main.cacheattributes".
[main] org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheConfigurator -
Parsing options for 'jcs.region.main.elementattributes'
[main] org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheConfigurator - End of
parsing for "jcs.region.main.elementattributes".
[main] org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache - initialized
LRUMemoryCache for main
[main] org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCache - Constructed cache
with name main and cache attributes: [ useLateral = true, useRemote =
true, useDisk = true, maxObjs = 1000, maxSpoolPerRun = -1 ]
[main] org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheConfigurator -
Parsing region name 'main', value 'RCache2'
[main] org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheConfigurator -
Parsing auxiliary named "RCache2".
[main] org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheConfigurator -
Parsing options for 'jcs.auxiliary.RCache2.attributes'
[main] org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheConfigurator - End of
parsing for 'jcs.auxiliary.RCache2.attributes'
[main] org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.RemoteCacheNoWaitFacade -
CONSTRUCTING NO WAIT FACADE