Wouldn't it be easier to put an apache in front of the app and then use an existing mod_ for logging all the http requests to the database... this works quite nicely, but is not a monolithic solution.

Ciao
Deeeep

On Apr 06, 2004, at 17:51, Geoff Howard wrote:

Surjan Singh wrote:

Geoff Howard wrote:
Steve Krulewitz wrote:

> Surjan Singh wrote:
>
>> I already have a Component that can be called in an action which logs
>> request details asynchronously to a database. What I'd like to do, is
>> to somehow use the same Component to log _all_ requests.
>

> I'm not sure if this is the answer you're looking for, but maybe you
> should be doing this in a servlet filter? It will be able to intercept
> all HTTP requests.

Couldn't you do this by just adding a new jdbc log target in logkit.xconf?

http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=ConfiguringTheLogs

I could, but we want the data in a db table. (We already have Component that does this for us, I want to use it from CocoonServlet, similar).

? The jdbc log target puts the data in a db table. If you've read the page referenced above and it doesn't meet your needs, explain how.

Geoff