Hi
I think I read that the auth-fw session info is only made available from within an auth-protected pipeline. Take a look at the section in the auth framework docs about accessing session information.

Hope this helps
Steve

From: Oro smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Does not retrieve ID
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 13:19:07 +0600 (IST)

hi,
Im trying to retrieve the user id from the session and displaying it by passing it as a parameter.

However the parameter contains no value and a blank page is displayed.

Can someone tell me where the problem is?

here are the sitemap and xsp codes.

Sitemap:

<map:match pattern="test1.wml">
<map:generate src="testing1.xsp" type="serverpages">
<map:parameter name="ups" value="{session-context:authentication/authentication/ID}"/>
<map:parameter name="ups1" value="hello"/>
</map:generate>
<map:serialize type="wml" />
</map:match>

XSP:

<xsp:page
           language="java"
          xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp";
           xmlns:util="http://apache.org/xsp/util/2.0";
xmlns:xsp-session-fw="http://apache.org/xsp/session-fw/1.0";>
<sdata>
<xsp:logic>
  String lang="loop";
    lang=parameters.getParameter("ups","default");
<xsp:expr>lang</xsp:expr>
</xsp:logic>
</sdata>
</xsp:page>