It seems that you are running an application that allready uses the port 8888. If you stop it, then you can start cocoon.

Henry Chang wrote:

Hello, this is the first day I install and use cocoon. But it is not going so well. I download and build Cocoon 2.1.5 on my computer. I am running window XP, using command prompt to run “cocoon servlet”. But I get the following error:

Can someone please help me, thank you.

……

Use SHUTDOWN to close normally. Use [Ctrl]+[C] to abort abruptly

WARN! *** JMS block is installed but jms client library not found. ***

- For the jms block to work you must install and start a JMS server and place th

e client jar in WEB-INF/lib.

- The default server, OpenJMS is configured in cocoon.xconf but is not bundled w

ith Cocoon.

Thu Jun 10 17:48:12 EDT 2004 Listening for connections ..

17:48:40.499 WARN!! Failed to start: [EMAIL PROTECTED]:8888

17:48:40.499 WARN!!

org.mortbay.util.MultiException[java.net.BindException: Address already in use:

JVM_Bind]

        at org.mortbay.http.HttpServer.start(HttpServer.java:640)

        at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.main(Server.java:429)

java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces

sorImpl.java:25)

        at Loader.invokeMain(Unknown Source)

        at Loader.run(Unknown Source)

        at Loader.main(Unknown Source)

[0]=java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind

        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method)

        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(PlainSocketImpl.java:331)

        at java.net.ServerSocket.bind(ServerSocket.java:309)

        at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:183)

at org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.newServerSocket(ThreadedServer.java:3

17)

        at org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.open(ThreadedServerjava:390)

        at org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.start(ThreadedServer.java:419)

        at org.mortbay.http.SocketListener.start(SocketListener.java:154)

        at org.mortbay.http.HttpServer.start(HttpServer.java:671)

        at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.main(Server.java:429)

java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces

sorImpl.java:25)

        at Loader.invokeMain(Unknown Source)

        at Loader.run(Unknown Source)

        at Loader.main(Unknown Source)