Hi,

I just build cocoon 2.1.5 from source, running apache on mac os x. I run cocoon as a servlet, and I can access it on localhost:8888 ok. Now, I am using virtual hosts on my local machine, so i am planning to make one of my virtual hosts listen to the port 8888, which is fine, but I am wondering if I could move the webapp folder from my cocoon build to the root directory of the virtual host and do all my work there -- would it be enough to change the $COCOON_WEBAPP_HOME or STANDALONE_WEBAPP in the shell script cocoon.sh which starts it up? Or is ti more complicated that that?

There is already some info on initial setup in the documentation and on the wiki, but it's hard to follow when you're a complete beginner. Not to mention that I never had to deal with any .war files, for instance -- etc. so I don't quite know how I got this thing going in the first place... :)

All best,
Toma