I have a situation where I want to use vanilla Cocoon with a few extra classes to render XSL-FO to an untraditional format, which I have working with the Jetty included.

What I need to do now, is to limit the number of concurrent requests to avoid FOP to run out of memory, since we may have quite demanding prints and being able to isolate it is the primary reason for this exercise. I thought that the Avalon pool parameters were for this, but that is apparently for determining when to destroy or pool components.

So, what I need is a way to say "If there is already X requests running when the next http-request happens, then wait until one of the active jobs finish and then execute the waiting job" and allow quite a queue to build up. Can this be done with what is included in Cocoon?

--
 Thorbjoern Ravn Andersen      "...plus...Tubular Bells!"