Hello!

Many thanks for your answer!

My older Cocoon projects were written in XSP, but the
combination of appropriayte pipelines matches and the
"lighter" generators and transformers results in more
cleanly built (and more maintainable apps).

That's just what I have to do!
In the first version of my project, all requests are hard-coded inside the XSP file:
that works fine, but it must be hard to maintain.

For the second version i must generate the requests from an XML file.

I've already managed to show the user a dropdwon list with the requests' titles, through an XSL file :

<map:match pattern="java/req">
      <map:generate src="java/requetes.xml" />
       <map:transform src="java/req.xsl"/>
       <map:serialize type="html"/>
      </map:match>

Now i 'm supposed to transfer the user's choice to another page,
that must be generated by an XSP page,
since i have to use ESQL to access the Sybase db, and display the list of values for each field

 you could use
the XML files as a source of query spec.. and then
generate the query using ESQL inside your XSP page

That would be a nice solution : so how can I make the xml usable by ESQL?

- Is there a special connection pool to build?
- Are there samples for this way of doing?

-OR-

You could switch to the preferred way of doing things
which is to use JXTemplateGenerator, followed by an
SQLTransformer.

If your XML query files are already in some "strange" format;
then run them through a secondary pipeline, in which you
transform them to a format that can be used as a source
for the JXTemplateGenerator pipeline (cocoon:/)

For this more professionnal way of doing , is there a sample pipeline to convert plain xml through JXTemplateGenerator?

Deep in my heart i thank you for being so heplful. I'm such a newbie in Cocoon, but i'm so willing to make it and have it work for good!

Matt.