Derek Hohls wrote:

Gary

This looks v. interesting; are there any plans to include
this in a future release of Lenya ie. is there a reason why the project has to use the BXE/Mozile0.5 as opposed
to the newer 0.6 version...?

BXE is not really part of Lenya, but rather an OSCOM project at

http://www.oscom.org/projects/

Lenya has the interfaces (sitemaps: src/webapp/lenya/usecase.xmap) in order to open and save documents.

The same of course can be done with Mozile directly, but adding an addtional
pipeline for Mozile.

It would be nice if the editors would all use the same "interface", e.g. WebDAV such that Lenya would have to support only this, but they all have little differences unfortunately.

Well, another topic for an OSCOM hackathon ;-)

HTH

Michi

Derek

[EMAIL PROTECTED] 2004/07/07 01:36:46 PM >>>

Another alternative for within browser content editing is Mozile, the
Mozilla Inline Editor. The first link provides general information on
Mozile, the second link provides information on the latest version.

Mozile web at Mozdev: http://mozile.mozdev.org/index.html <http://mozile.mozdev.org/index.html>

Latest release, 0.6.13, web page:
http://overton.ca/james/mozile/Mozile-0.6.13.html <http://overton.ca/james/mozile/Mozile-0.6.13.html>

We are planning to use Mozile for a situation in which support staff
in
field offices will be updating information in a table that is contained
as
an element in a XML file. Outside customers will receive the entire
page
output as XHTML published through Cocoon.

Lenya contains BXE which is based on an older version of Mozile, I
believe
version 0.5.x. The 0.6.1x releases are significantly different than the
0.5
releases.

Hope this helps. Mozile is a great tool with great potential.
Gary T. Schultz Web Technical Administrator / GIS Coordinator Wisconsin Department of Commerce 6th Floor P.O. Box 7970 Madison, WI 1-608-266-1283